Sunday’s are my meal prepping days but I figured I would share some great recipes and places to look for ideas of what to cook today.
I started a full time job almost a year ago now and I found that for me, meal prepping helped me eat healthy and save my money. However, I got sick of eating chicken, rice and veggies every week since I never looked for different recipes. I have always enjoyed cooking but during my grad school days I would more or less raid my fridge at home, take left overs my mom made, and if I had time between classes, clinical and work the only thing I would cook was a bowl of oatmeal or eggs.
I have mentioned before I have food allergies (mostly pitted fruits and veggies, peanut butter, I have a sensitivity to almonds and an excessive amount of dairy, oh and I don’t eat red meat) so clearly finding recipes and different ideas for meals were a bit of a struggle.
I turned to Pinterest for some ideas, which have proven beyond delicious, and I also came across a blog called withpeanutbutterontop (ironic, I know) but Samantha has some absolutely amazing recipes on her blog and you should definitely go check them out!
I have posted a few different recipes in past blogs as well but I figured I would share a few more delicious options!
- Handful of ice
- 1 1/2 cups of milk of choice (almond, cashew, lactate free, etc.)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
**Even my mom asks me to make extra because she’s obsessed with this smoothie!
Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Wrap
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped pineapple, fresh or canned
- 1/4 of a red onion, chopped
- 1 romaine heart, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 4-6 large soft leaves of lettuce
( I did not use any salt or pepper)
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken pieces to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook, flipping once until chicken is cooked through and golden brown. Remove pan from heat. Add barbecue sauce to the pan and toss chicken to coat
Place lettuce on a plate. Layer with a spoonful of barbecue chicken, cheese, pineapple, onion, chopped romaine and cilantro. And enjoy!
Banana Bread Nutella Muffins
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 2 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 cup spelt, white, or gluten free flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar of choice
- 10-20 tsp of Nutella
Preheat oven to 350 F, line a muffin tin with 10 liners. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients. In a separate bowl combine remaining ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until evenly mixed. Fill liners about 1/3 of the way up, drop a tsp of Nutella into each liner, then portion the remaining batter evenly among the muffin liners. Bake 19-20 minutes or until muffins domed. Let sit 10 minutes before removing muffins from tin.
This weeks meal prep…salmon with avocado presto zucchini noodles!
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- For the Sauce:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Spiralize your zucchini and set aside on paper towels so that any excess water is soaked up.
- In a food processor, add avocados, basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice and sea salt and pulse until finely chopped. Then with the motor still running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified and creamy.
- Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat then add zucchini noodles, cooking for about 1 to 2 minutes until tender.
- Add zucchini noodles to a large bowl and toss with avocado pesto.
For the salmon, I am cooking them on the grill for 6-10 minutes a side (a 1 in piece will cook in 6-10 min). I am cooking it unseasoned, and using extra avocado pesto sauce as a topping!
Hope you enjoy and if you have any great recipes please share below!